Belle has chosen orange and teal for her wedding colors are and I absolutely love them. I mean, orange is just so happy (laughing orange) and the teal is a cool color. So, I am putting them into the party that we are doing for them on September the 24th wherever I can. Rather than try to find accessories to fit that color scheme, I thought it would be fun to make the parts to the party myself. I have purchased some things in those colors and in the coming weeks I will share some of those items with you but for today I am going to share the beautiful tablecloths that I am making to put on the banquet tables in the yard. With Herb’s help we are trying a “how to video” posting today, so please bear with us.
for this project, you will need:
- a flat sheet or large piece of fabric. I used flat sheets that I found at a discount store. Although it seems they are harder to find these days due to sheets packaged as sets.
- the fabric dye. I used just plain old RIT and “somewhat” followed the directions on the back
- rubber stamps of your choice, I used the soft spongy kind but you could use a potato or a linoleum block. You just need something that will make a design with
- paints. I used an assortment, a latex house type paint, a wall glaze and an acrylic.
- a brayer is nice to have but isn’t absolutely necessary and a piece of glass to use the brayer on as a palette
- a detailing paintbrush
- an ink pen