I have many many comments.
- Latex resist is awesome!!! Will definitely continue with that.
- My clear glaze recipe is too thick and it ran off all the pots and now I get to use the dremel tool, if I decide to even try and salvage them
- The color fired out of the tumblers with the nice painted plants, so they are basically black tumblers with the occasional design peeking out. Won’t do that again.
- I like the quilting designs that I carved into the sides of the hexagon cups and there are some nice colors going on a couple but for the most part, ugly!
- The earrings and pins were a way to use up the leftover colored slip ware I was trying and the pins are pretty cool. The earrings are paper thin and while I think they are pretty, not sure how functional they really will be. They may end up as windchimes instead
- The lips of the cups are really not as clean as I would’ve liked. Maybe another glaze addition there and let it run where it connects, or a metalic gold rim might be cool.
- I can see other colors besides black with the underglaze. Blue on Blue, shiny with matte, and trying to get a more delicate shape and pattern.
- I definitely need to work on the heavy-ness of everything and work on getting a larger size due to the clay’s shrinking.
- Possibly find a better clear glaze recipe or put this one on very thinly.
It is a start… with lots more work ahead.